This group is a wellbeing partnership between Health in Mind and Gorebridge Development Trust.
What is it?
It’s a 4-week programme of activities and events aimed at reaching out to people from the Gorebridge area. Aimed at working with you to improve your wellbeing and encourage positive thinking. To provide an opportunity for people who live in the Gorebridge area to:
- Take part in Creative Crafts
- Build skills
- A chance to participate in Wellbeing workshops
- Discover The 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Relax, understand and take care of your wellbeing
- Enjoy the benefits of being close to nature and the sense of wellbeing it offers
How can it help your health and wellbeing?
- Meet other people
- Make new friends
- Engage in wellbeing activities & physical activity
- Build a knowledge of the local area and lessen isolation.
- Be part of a supportive group
- Develop team working skills
- Experience eco-therapy and enjoying the benefits
This group can be joined at any time. To enrol you will be asked to complete a brief enrolment form with Health in Mind (The Orchard Centre Service). Please wear appropriate clothes for the weather when involved in gardening activities. This group involves mainly working indoors and some outdoor settings. Members are encouraged to work together in a supportive environment.
Every Thursday at the Pop-Up Beacon (the old bank) at the bottom of the Main Street, Gorebridge 10am – 12pm. For further information please call Phil, Louise or Rachel at the Orchard Centre 0131 663 1616 or Dawn at the Trust 01875 823202