A new class is happening at the Beacon in May 2020.
This workshop is great for people who wish they knew more about things they can do in their own home or perfect for first time buyers just moving into their first property. You will be giving information and advice on where to find things you require in your home and you won’t need to say ‘let’s get someone in to fix it’ when you can do it yourself!
If you’re keen for this for yourself or even know someone that would benefit from this it would be a great gift to buy for them. The workshop will run for 2 hours, once a week for 4 weeks with Jenifer Ramsay who is a fully qualified female Electrician.
What you will receive in the workshop:
- Detailed information on terminology for fixtures and fittings to help with day to day faults and fixes.
- A helper pack with useful information on what you learn in the workshop including emergency contact numbers and handy go to step by step guides.
- One to one help if you have anything you don’t understand or are keen to do in your home but you just aren’t sure or don’t have the confidence.
making you aware of what can be done by yourself and what you require trades people for.
- A friendly and understanding atmosphere ready to answer any questions you have.
What you will learn in the workshop:
- Local isolation points in your home in case of emergencies and what to do/who to contact.
- Topping boiler pressure up and explanation on why and problems this can cause.
- Bleeding radiators: using their consumer unit with explanation of what is what.
- How to resolve tripping faults or even narrowing down the fault so you are still left with power.
- What fixings can be used for different walls always great to know when putting up brackets, shelving, picture frames and hanging plants.
- Wiring a plug top, checking your own appliances and explaining the dangers of using appliances showing exposed cables.
- Changing lamps/bulbs in your home whether it’s a down light or normal pendent.
- Checking your smoke alarms, testing them and how to change the battery.4
The time/date/cost has to be decided. Interested? Want to know more? Please contact us here and we will be in touch.