The help and generosity of Trust’s supporters are crucial to ensure we can continue to deliver on our mission and objectives. There are many ways to get involved.
- Volunteer with the Trust.
- Become a Member of Gorebridge Community Development Trust
- You can bring your workplace for some Corporate Volunteering
- Help raise funds by holding a fundraising event of your own or coming to one of ours.
- We could work together or partner up on a project if our objectives and values match.
- Use the Beacon: work there, play there, eat there, have a wedding, or do a spot of gardening.
- Make new friends and join a group, if it doesn’t exist yet, tell us.
- Come to an event.
- Take a class or workshop.
- Become a member.
- Keep in touch.
- Pop in for a cuppa when you are passing.
- Come to a Gorebridge partnership event like this one.
- Help us spread the word; follow us on Twitter or Facebook, or just talk to others about the work we do.
- Talk to us, let us know your opinions, thoughts and ideas.
GCDT’s Mission and Objectives
From our Memorandum and Articles:
- Without exclusion promote the community (Gorebridge) to the advancement of education, provide facilities … in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure-time occupation so that life conditions may be improved.
- To advance education and in particular to promote opportunities for learning for the benefit of the community and the general public.
- To preserve, restore and improve the environment in the community through the provision, maintenance and/or improvement of public open space and other public amenities and other environmental and regeneration projects.
- To relieve those in need by the promotion of trade and industry within the Community for the benefit of the Community and the general public.
- To promote training, particularly among residents of the Community, and with particular reference to skills which will assist the participants in obtaining paid employment.
- To help young people, particularly those residents within the Community, to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities, such that they may grow to full maturity as
individuals and as members of society.
- To preserve, for the benefit of the Community, the historical, architectural and constructional heritage that may exist within the Community in buildings (including any structure or erection, and any part of a building as so defined) of particular beauty or historical, architectural or constructional interest.
- To promote the rehabilitation of offenders and ex-offenders by the provision of education and training, the provision of assistance in finding work for such persons and the promotion or support of any project or scheme directed towards the prevention of crime or delinquency within the Community.
- To promote, establish, operate and/or support other schemes and projects of a charitable nature for the benefit of the Community.