- This event has passed.
Remake sewing sessions- Make/Repair/Alter/Refashion/Embellish
14th August 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until 14th August 2019
This remake sewing session is funded through Greening Gorebridge, a Climate Challenge Fund project from Keep Scotland Beautiful.
To Book: email email@example.com to ensure there space for you on your chosen date and time.
This is not a taught sewing class. It is a chance to have free access our community Sewing studio to make, upcycle, embellish and repair with textiles. Fabric cutting space is limited so small to medium sized projects preferred.
- 4-5 sewing machines available to use or bring your own if you already have one.
- Free donated materials for your upcycling projects.
- Thread, needles, pins and other basic equipment will be accessible during the session.
Bring a textile project you need some expert guidance with, or get on with your own project.
- REPAIR – mend those pesky holes and rips to make them wearable again.
- ALTER – take up hems, take clothes in or out to fit better
- EMBELLISH and REFASHION – Decorate and change items to feel more fun, more colourful and more like YOU.
- MAKE- work on your own sewing projects. We encourage you to use donated fabric, reuse and upcycle wherever possible.
Community Sewing Studio is open on Wednesdays but times alternate week to week 10-12 and 6-8 are our core hours where you will have the opportunity to ask questions of our sewing tutor. 12-1 and 5-6 are self guided times without staff support.
- 10-12pm- Gain advice on your project from our experienced sewing tutor
- 12-1pm- For confident sewers and self guided projects . Tutor not present.
- 5-6pm – For confident sewers and self guided projects . tutor not present.
- 6-8pm – Gain advice on your project from our experienced sewing tutor
Please email to book your slot and let us know what project you are planning before you attend (if you can) so we can prepare appropriately. Additional haberdashery to complete your project may need to be provided at your own expense so please keep this in mind before attending.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your slot.