Become a Member
Gorebridge Community Development Trust is an independent charity and was set up with the following objectives:
- Advance education and to provide facilities, or assist in the provision of facilities in the interest of social welfare for the recreation and other leisure-time occupation so that life conditions may be improved.
- To advance education and in particular to promote opportunities of learning for the benefit of the community and general public.
- To preserve, restore and improve the environment and regeneration.
- To relieve those in need by the promotion of trade and industry.
- To promote learning and training, with particular assist too assist people to obtaining paid employment.
- To help, especially young people, to develop their physical, mental, creative and spiritual capacities.
- To preserve for the community the historical, architecture and constructional heritage that exists within the community.
Who are our members?
Our members include local people and individuals, local groups, local businesses, community interest companies, development trusts, and private business.
Benefits of Joining
- Get involved in a range of projects that are for the benefit for the community of Gorebridge.
- Get to know your local area and meet other local people.
- Participate in decision making of the activities of the Trust.
- Regular newsletters and updates of Trust work.
- Invitation to GCDT Annual General Meeting and a right to vote.
- Opportunity to stand as a Director of GCDT
How to join GCDT
To join please download, complete and return the appropriate membership application form.
We will contact you once we have received your application and the Development Trust Officer will work with you through the simple application process. All applications are subject to final approval from the GCDT Board of Trustees. On approval you will be sent a membership certificate to acknowledge your membership.
To be eligible for membership you must be:
- Aged 18 years or over
- A member of the community
- Entitled to vote at a local government election
- Support the aims and activities of Gorebridge Community Development Trust
You are not eligible if you: are an employee of Gorebridge Community Development Trust
To become a member
- Please complete a membership form.
- Submit your annual membership subscription (£1) renewable on 31st March each year (* this subscription is currently wavered by a resolution of GCDT Board of Trustees)
- Your membership will be considered at the next GCDT directors meeting.
GCDT staff are always on hand to help and if you want to discuss membership further, please call 01875 823202 or contact the Development Trust Manager for further assistance.