Now more than ever, GCDT's mission to support our community has unprecedented, renewed and urgent importance. We are aware that many of our community need help during this COVIID-19 crisis, be that access to food, shopping, prescriptions or someone to talk to. We also know that in the months to come there will be a recovery period, with so many of our community losing their jobs, in financial difficulty and wondering who to turn to to get the support, advice and help the need.
What are we doing (GCDT) NOW?
We closed all our projects down on the 23rd March (including the Beacon) and we created Gorebridge Resilience with our community partners (Gorebridge Community Council and Gorebridge Cares, with support from Midlothian Council and many many others).
What help is available?
Right now who is doing what isn't as important as knowing that we can for your (or someone you know) collect shopping, deliver food if you are self-isolating, pick up your prescriptions, be a friendly voice if you need someone to talk to. We will take care of everything. You will be given a 'main contact' number of someone in your area when you need something and we will co-ordinate the rest.
How much does it cost?
Nothing. We are applying for funding to help us through this crisis, and the Community Council has been given a pot of pennies to support Gorebridge Resilience. Don't be proud. Please. If you need help. Take it. We will set up a fundraising page soon. But, now is not the time to let money overtake the needs.
How can you get help?
If you, or someone you know need help in EH23 and surrounding areas during this crisis please scroll down and sign them up (you will need their permission). If you want to help, again, scroll down and click the links.
Emergency Provisions as of 10th April 2020
The following PDF has been collated by Lorraine Chapman at Midlothian Council, it is up to date as of 10.04.2020 and includes information on Money, Fuel, Young Carers, Community Support Numbers:
Local Shop Opening Hours
Opening hours may change without us being able to update the page first, please call first.
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 35 Main Street 01875 820422 (Mon - Sat 10 - 1 and 2 - 4)
- Llpyds Pharmacy, 105 Hunterfieldd Road, 01875 820345
- McColls 23-25 Main St, Gorebridge EH23 4BX Tele: 01875 822770 Mon - Sun 7am - 8PM
- Scotmid Co-Op 114-116 Hunterfield Rd, Gorebridge EH23 4TX 01875 820461 Mon - Sun 7am - 9pm
- B and N Minimarket,v60-64 Hunterfield Rd, Gorebridge, EH23 4TT 01875 820141 (Opening hours, need confirmed)
- Gorja Grocers, 30 Barleyknow Street, Gorebridge, EH23 4FH 01875 820834 (Opening hours, need confirmed)
- Caulfields, 103A Burnside Rd, Gorebridge EH23 4ES, 01875 822419 (Opening hours, need confirmed)
- ICR Butts (Gorebridge practice closed, Loanhead open) 44 Fountain Place, Loanhead, EH20 9DU 0131 440 4229
- Gorefry, Main Street Gorebridge. Closed
- New Wongs, Main Street, Gorebridge. Closed
- Orchid, Main Street, Gorebridge, Open Tues - Thurs, deliveries onlu EH23 4BX 01875 820616